Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thick layer of glazes

This pot has three different glazes on it. I definitely need my imagination to guide me through the glazing process. I know two of the glazes work well together but I added a third. Won't know until after its firing on Tuesday.
I found the need to post a neighborhood view of our Wasatch Mountains (Utah's portion of the Rocky Mountains). A cold front blew away the haze/pollution and we are having the clearest day today. Last time this year, those mountains (tallest at about 11,000+ feet) were all white with snow. In fact they had record snowfall of 783". The mountains need more snow to supply us with water the rest of the year. Of course, the skiers are crying about conditions right now. Looks like Anchorage, Alaska is getting all the snow this year.

2 comments: