Monday, January 23, 2012

Come on baby, let's do the twist!

 Glazed with Coyote's shino and accented with Amaco's Indigo float.
As you can tell by now, I am all over the place as far as discovering a style for my pots or even sticking to a color scheme. But how do you know unless you try things out. So as I was throwing this vase, it developed a twist at the neck. I probably overworked the clay but managed to stop short of it's collapse. The other two vases, I twisted deliberately. At least I have a set of similar pots. A little bit of  homage to George Ohr.  The mad potter of Biloxi who made crazy twisted pottery.    www.justartpottery.com/collectors_pottery/ohr_pottery_history.htm  That was fun, but my style search continues. I am hoping I'll know it when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment