Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Lidded Minis

The tallest is 3 1/4 inches, the shortest is 2 1/2 inches; that's counting the lid. These are what I call my minis. I eventually learned how to throw them off the hump which allowed me to make them quicker, but at first I threw them right on the bat with a tiny piece of clay. It some ways, it is more difficult to throw something that small because you just can't get your fingers around it as easily. But it was a great exercise in getting lids to fit really well. I hate a lid that is too loose. When you put my minis on a table, they lack the impact of a large dramatic piece of pottery, but displayed well, maybe on a mini shelf or side table, they hold their own with much character, I think. And besides that, if I say so myself, they are just soooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment