Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scrap glaze

Every time I rinse out a cup or a brush that has been used for glazing, I save the settled-out minerals and put the slurry in my scrap glaze jar. For a while now, I've been wondering whether it was really worth the trouble. I've tried using the scrap glaze from the clay class but the result was a transparent glaze. I have hopes for something amazing since I've added many colorful glazes to that jar but it was not to be.

Here the result of that test. Not the colors I had hoped for but not a flat color either. The pot I used was one I made way back. It has a really rough finish but, as I recall, I was thrilled with it at the time. I'd say that the glaze suits that pot and I think the glaze will be good for pot interiors. And will I keep collecting it? Why not. Maybe it is good that it is not some amazing glaze because I would never be able to duplicate it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment