Thursday, May 10, 2012

Carry-on pottery

Well, it's that time of year again when I make my journey back East to visit friends and family. I travel the worst possible way: airline stand-by. Since I am never guaranteed I will make a flight, I never check luggage. Previous years I have shipped a box of pottery goodies a few day before leaving so that it would arrive a day after arriving. This year I went miniature. The lidded pots, which are about 1 1/2 inches tall will be wrapped in my socks with the hope that I will remember that fact when I unpack! Nothing like hearing a thud and a clank when digging through my backpack. Also, I am crossing my fingers that airport security doesn't think the shapes they create in their scanning machines look suspicious enough to make me unpack. I am not a very suspicious-looking person, but I have been wanded and frisked, my flashlight disassembled and even my pet cockatiel was frisked and it's seeds  searched (when we moved west). Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment