Sunday, January 27, 2013

Full Circle



When I first started to learn on the pottery wheel I needed every bit of concentration I could muster. In fact, I couldn't talk and use the wheel at the same time. At the beginning, I dreaded someone coming over to look at my pot on the wheel, spinning away on the bat, to say, "nice pot" because as soon as I looked up to say, "oh, thank you" I would mess up....lose center, gouge the side, pull it too thin...my control and the pot would be lost. Several years have past and I find myself able to chat up a storm and make a pot. In fact, I have come full circle and am the instructor at the above center in Draper. It is a beautiful, brand new multi-use senior center. Instructing someone to make a pot on the wheel for the very first time is awesome. The views out of the window are awesome as are the people running this place. I was going to take some exterior photos of the water feature and the exterior of the building but I was afraid my camera would freeze up at 0 degrees. At the moment, I do believe it is my turn to shovel since we are in the middle of a snow storm. Can't let it get too deep or I won't be able to move the greatest snow on earth off my driveway and sidewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment