Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I've Been A Bad Blogger

The Draper Arts and Crafts Festival was another success for me. Not as good as last year due to the fact that there were at least 6 more potters than there were last year. Every year there are more overall  booths...a good thing for Draper City but not necessarily a good thing for me since I am not really seeing an increase in attendance. It didn't rain but it turned suddenly cold and shoppers weren't dressed for it. Difficult to shop, it seems, when you are shivering.

After 210 firings, alternating between cone 06 and 5, one morning, the kiln had a message for me. After I did a little research, turns out the thermocouple was done for. Not even sure how I made it through the last firing.  To be continued........                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment