Sunday, February 23, 2014

Soup Toureen Bowl

We've got almost 50 bowls completed and we have 50 more to make. I don't feel like I've even hit my stride in bowl creativity. As I was bringing in this pot for firing, I received some encouraging compliments , even in its greenware state. To "handle" and stamp a piece, I usually have to work it at home to get it to the correct leather hard stage. It turned into a real cutie and I will try to make more of that shape. The glazes are Seattle Pottery Supply Dark Mottled Blue painted generously 3X in the interior and lip and a pouring of Lagunas Celadon Froth on the exterior. I put a little Iron Red on the square around the leaf but one coat wasn't enough. I will have to revisit where the Celadon and the Blue meet on the lip. I like how that looks. All at cone 5/6 in a Skutt kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment