Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pottery with a view

Just came back from the Draper Senior Center. I unloaded the kiln and enjoyed the view. The class is creating some beautiful work. I consider myself very fortunate to have a very talented, creative and self-motivated group of people that make me look forward to every Thursday. I will eventually post some of their work on the Utah Arts blog and make glaze notations for future reference and also for everyones viewing pleasure. I will have to talk to them first about their glaze combinations and either hope they have a good memory or took notes. A potter at a local festival said he had 10 years worth of firing/glaze notes. So I told my friend, in sort of an annoying way, "Seeeeee! You've got to write it down." We are all working on it. I write it down but then I lose the paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment