Saturday, July 13, 2013

A little gem

Believe it or not, this is the only piece I managed to get in the last glaze firing. I've got to do better next time. Anyway, this little pot exceeded my expectations and is, in my opinion, a little gem. Since I tend to over think the glazing process, I took a page from a friend of mine who likes to splash it on and let it fly. She's the one who needs to write it down because she comes up with some great combinations. With this pot and that in mind, I textured the clay, then layered on glazes (with a combination from a previous test in mind) to follow the pattern .....sort of. Just two Mayco glazes were used despite the variations in color and finish of matte and gloss. Check out this website for Mayco cone 6 glaze combinations.  http://maycocolors.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=igcategory&id=18

No comments:

Post a Comment