Friday, August 17, 2012

Pot belly pot

When I brought this bisque-fired lidded pot to my pottery workshop to glaze, a very nice lady, whose work I admire, said, "Can you make the handles any smaller?" I laughed and said, "No, I tried, but I couldn't!" There is something about a large pot with a nice "pot" belly with the littlest handles  adorning its sides. Like a pair of ears, it gives it a little character, almost a personality.  Being that  pots are described as having a foot, shoulders, necks, lips,...why not ears! My husband liked the pot but thought that the handles were useless and hence, pointless. The pot and I beg to differ. "The better to hear you with my dear!", replied the lidded pot. Maybe I've been in the"momcave" too long. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment