Friday, December 9, 2022

I Did Like It!






 Last year I had to figure out how to get myself out of a non-creating rut, so I purchased some new glazes to help to inspire me. Two of the glazes were Amaco Potters Choice Cosmic Tea Dust and Cosmic Oil Spot. Now I personally am drawn to glittery things but I wasn't sure I would like the look on my stoneware creations. I used Tea Dust on a cloaked figure (pictured a few posts back) and I kinda liked how that looked. To get the best reflection of the glittery particles in the glaze, I applied two coats of Amaco Obsidian glaze and then two coats of the Cosmic Tea Dust to my small lidded pot that's 3 inches tall by 2 inches wide. It's so beautifully glittery in the sunlight. I'm mesmerized. 
The mug has Cosmic Oil Spot on the rim and sprig. I like the watery/oily look but the glittery flecks are larger. I think it's use on the mug is successful but I'll have to figure out how else to make it work. And isn't that part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment