Thursday, August 8, 2013

No melt down here

This is a Jack Jarvie pot that I selected and purchased from his home collection. It was done back in the day, when he did a lot of teaching demonstrations and very creative/experimental pottery. I think that paddled  area with the in-set  cat tail design is a very clever and beautiful detail. I am really enjoying the fact that he comes in regularly to my Thursday clay class. It is a great opportunity for me to chat-it-up about clay and glazes...especially about their chemical make-up and what ingredients to add to adjust their characteristics. How often does that usually happen?!  He has a wealth of knowledge and I am thrilled he is still able and interested in sharing it with me. A teacher for the teacher....how great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment