Saturday, May 11, 2013

Details of the previous




I was very pleased with the results of this firing. I do consider everything an experiment no matter how many times I've used a certain glaze. So I have made flat bisqued shapes to put under the hanging pendants. Those commercial glazes, especially the new Mayco stoneware, seem very forgiving but since we are layering and blending glazes, I thought I would be extra careful. A little sagging went on with the longer, thinner wire, but doesn't that happen to the best of us, lol.  Next time I will put a post in the middle, but I am liking the thicker high temperature rods with little hooks to hang the pendants. The pyrometric cone on the left is for cone 5 and was at the top shelf of this Skutt digital kiln; the one on the right also being cone 5, was on the bottom shelf.  For this firing, I added a 15 minute hold so that the bottom of the kiln would reach cone 5. Since the glazes are for cone 5/6, this worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment