Thursday, February 21, 2013

A lifetime of work

Well, it turns out the Professor was truly a professor. He taught himself how to make pottery when he found some clay on the banks of a river when he was in the service. Turns out he was a natural and he wound up teaching pottery on the wheel and sculptural pottery at BYU and at the University of Utah. Clay became his life's work even though he had a degree in engineering. I was thrilled to get a chance to see his work and was awestruck when I saw how much there was. At this point he needs his own gallery! Many, many moons ago, I studied illustration in school but never took a clay class...not a one. So I am pleased by the irony of the situation.... that I have come to the center to teach but I am learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment