Sunday, December 16, 2012

My blog is my bubble

When I started this blog almost a year ago, I made a conscious decision to stick mostly to pottery and the artistic influences (such as sunsets) that have inspired me and helped my pots to evolve. I decided, for one, that I wouldn't post photos of the family. For one, they would disown me if I did and secondly, I would be infringing on their rights to privacy, which I wholeheartedly respect.  The only family members that are okay with it all is my pottery assistant the cat and my parrot. No complaints there ;)  I would not discuss politics or make comments about the horrendous news events that have happened in the past and as of late. This little pottery world  I have created is something that I enjoy sharing ...locally and around the world according to ClustrMaps, which never ceases to amaze me.  Meeting others who create with clay has been awesome since it is my experience that they are few and far between; in the circles I travel in anyway. But  also keeping it isolated in the clay world is increasingly a challenge. I could double my posts if I didn't censor myself, but then I would be breaking my own rule. So my blog is my bubble. The local and world news is so sad on so many levels, that keeping this blog very focused seems more important than ever. Maybe this seems shallow to some, but sometimes you've got to do, what you've got to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment