Monday, April 9, 2012

Forget the pottery...

Forget looking at my pottery, look at those cool rocks in the background. These rocks, which I believe are Montana Moss rocks are embedded in our fireplace. I used to hate them, thinking they should be in a lodge in Yellowstone or Yosemite not our late 70's ranch (style of house not with cows and horses and such)  When I first moved to the Intermountain west from NYC I didn't appreciate this western aesthetic. Originally we thought that would be one of the first things about the house that would have to go. But when we found out how much it would cost to make changes or the massive mess there would be when removing rock and cement especially if my husband and I were to do it ourselves, living with it seemed much easier. And as time passed, I have learned to love it. Now, I can't imagine that fireplace any other way. Besides, it makes my pottery look sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking blog .... And nice pots too.

    ReplyDelete